Chennai Spy

Friday, May 19, 2006

Good times ahead for Teja

Tejashree, the item-girl who shot to fame with the song Chinna Veeda Varattuma in the film Ottran, was elevated to a third heroine in the film Madure with Vijay. But she went back to item-songs and created a stir with the sexy number with Dhanush in Balu Mahendra’s Adhu Oru Kanaa Kaalam.

Now she has once again been cast as the heroine with Vadivelu in Shankar’s much hyped historical film Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi.

Talking about her role, Teja says, “I had a tough time learning and delivering dialogues in pure Tamil as it is a period film. I have a lot of scope to perform, and I owe it all to Shankar sir, who had faith in me.” When asked if she would continue doing item numbers, the actress said, “I have climbed the ladder slowly and I am also doing a film titled Solli Adipen opposite Vivek. So I have now decided not to go back to special songs and I have even rejected two films because of that.”

Talking about maintaining her hour-glass figure, the actress says, “I am a trained kathak dancer. I practice every day even if I get back home late after shooting.” Teja, who has no qualms about the glam tag attached to her name has also bagged a plum role in RaviTrisha starrer Something Something Unakkum Enakkum.

She is also thrilled about acting in a Hindi film as the heroine and a Telugu film Evaru Atthadu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home