Chennai Spy

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"I’m happy doing Guru" says Maddy

Actor Madhavan says he is very much starring in Mani Ratnam’s underproduction Hindi film Guru. “I don’t know why confusion is being created. I am very much on for Guru,” says Madhavan, speaking from London.

The inexplicable “is he in, is he out” speculation started when another actor Arya Babbar (Raj Babbar’s son) was signed for Guru. To set the record straight, Arya was apparently signed for the role of Aishwarya Rai’s brother.

When Arya was signed, people presumed it was for the role Madhavan was offered. In the film, Madhavan plays the parallel lead opposite Vidya Balan.

Laughing out aloud, he says, “Why is everyone so bothered about whether I am doing the film or not? As for me losing weight in London, yes, I am working on that. Isn’t it good to stay trim and healthy irrespective of whether a role requires it or not?” Besides Ratnam’s film, there are other interesting projects in Madhavan’s Bollywood kitty, including a film with Sanjay Gupta. And he does not think twice before attributing this newfound success to Rang De Basanti.

Actually, everyone associated with Rang De Basanti has gained tremendously and I am no exception. Thank God I did the film, though a lot of people warned me that the role was too small. It is my best career move in Hindi films. Here in London, I am congratulated wherever I go for my role in that film,” he says.

6 Comments:

  • Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 AM  

  • I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 AM  

  • Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 AM  

  • Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 AM  

  • Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home