Chennai Spy

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Selva and I share a Warm Relationship" says Sonia Agarwal

It’s almost like an epidemic. Following the footsteps of actor Simbhu, actress Sonia Agarwal has also decided to come out of the closet and talk about her relationship with director Selvaraghavan. In an exclusive interview, Sonia clears the air and puts an end to the gossip in Kollywood.

“We have known each other for the last four years. From the first moment on, we got along famously and have always shared a very warm, personal relationship,” she says. According to her, both families have always known about it and are comfortable with their relationship. “But if you ask me whether we are getting married soon, I honestly do not have a definite answer. I am in no hurry to tie the knot. Although we have discussed it, neither Selva nor I have actually planned it, so it may take a couple of years,” she says.

Reacting to rumours, about her quitting films, the actress says, “Obviously some people who have vested interests are spreading such gossip. As a rule, I always take a three-month break before signing my next film. I am eagerly waiting for the release of Pudhupettai, which is directed by Selva, and only then will accept my next film.

She also adds that no exciting scripts have come her way, which is why she hasn’t signed any new movies. “Quitting films at this stage is totally ruled out and I am still focussed on my career,” she says Rumour had it that Sonia had opted out of director Jeeva’s film July Katru after doing the initial promotional photo shoots because she was planning for her wedding? “I did the photo shoot, but there are hazaar reasons for an artiste to opt out a film. It had nothing to do with getting married and was a purely professional reason,” she says.

She also made it clear that since she has been in the film industry for such a long time, she knows her responsibilities and that she would definitely call for a press conference and announce when the wedding is fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home